New COVID-19 Restrictions
In this fast-changing situation, which is affecting society at all levels, it is important for Scouting to remain strong and continue supporting our local communities. In order to do this, we need to set a good example and put the health and safety of our members, leaders and their families first. In line with new government restrictions the following measures are being introduced with an effective date of 29th of October.
The restrictions follow the current decisions of the state institutions.
- Indoors: groups of 6 seated and each group separated by at least 2 meters, and a maximum of 1 member per 4 sq meters and subject to conformity with the guidelines issued by the Health Department for Voluntary Organisations. Your attention is drawn to the following:
1.1. An attendance log and a temperature log must be kept when using indoors
1.2. Hand sanitiser is to be applied on entry/exit to building
1.3. Toilets are disinfected before and after the meeting/activity
1.4. Frequently used surfaces are disinfected during prolonged use of the indoor building (tables, switches, door handles) – This applies to long stays inside a building
1.5. ALL participants MUST wear a mask for the whole duration.
1.6. A minimum distance of 2 meters is kept between participants
1.7. Any activities and meetings are to be attended ONLY by TSAM members
- Outdoor meetings: Outdoor activities/meetings with groups of members of a maximum of 6 (‘bubble’) are allowed. When more than one bubble is meeting at the same time, each bubble is to be separated in distinct and clearly delineated different areas with ample space between one bubble and another. Leaders are to ensure that members/leaders of one bubble cannot mix or change bubbles at any point immediately before, during or after the meeting. Your attention is drawn to the following:
2.1. A minimum distance of 2 meters is kept between participants
2.2. Any activities and meetings are to be attended ONLY by TSAM members
2.3. ALL participants MUST wear a mask for the whole duration.
The following previous restrictions are still in effect:
- Camps are only permitted in single and two person tents.
- No organisation wide SOPs will be prepared at IHQ level. However, each GSL should prepare SOPs for their own Groups as each Group has different site conditions.
- Travel ban has been lifted.
For more detailed regulations about indoor use for meetings and activities refer to the guidelines issued by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector.
Updated on 04 November 2020.