New COVID-19 Restrictions
In this fast-changing situation, which is affecting society at all levels, it is important for Scouting to remain strong and continue supporting our local communities. In order to do this, we need to set a good example and put the health and safety of our members, leaders and their families first. In line with new government restrictions, the following measures are being introduced with an effective date of 20th May 2021.
In view of the publication of the COVID Transitioning – Standards for Extracurricular Education and Visual and Performing Arts Education the following dated 10th May 2021.
The restrictions follow the current decisions of the state institutions.
The association always recommends outdoor meetings instead of indoors when online meetings are not possible.
- Indoors: Activities/meetings with groups of a maximum of 6 members per group are allowed to a maximum of 1 person per 6 sqm and subject to conformity with the guidelines issued by the Health Department for Voluntary Organisations. Your attention is drawn to the following:
1.1. An attendance log and a temperature log must be kept when using indoors.
1.2. Hand sanitiser is to be applied on entry/exit to building.
1.3. Toilets are disinfected before and after the meeting/activity.
1.4. Frequently used surfaces are disinfected during prolonged use of the indoor building (tables, switches, door handles) – This applies to long stays inside a building.
1.5. ALL participants MUST wear a mask for the whole duration.
1.6. A minimum distance of 2 meters is kept between members.
1.7. Any activities and meetings are to be attended ONLY by TSAM members.
- Outdoors: Activities/meetings with 1 group of a maximum of 6 members are allowed. Your attention is drawn to the following:
2.1. A minimum distance of 2.5 meters is kept between groups of 6 persons.
2.2. Any activities and meetings are to be attended ONLY by TSAM members.
2.3. ALL participants MUST wear a mask for the whole duration.
The following previous restrictions are still in effect:
- Camps are only permitted in single and two person tents.
- No organisation wide SOPs will be prepared at IHQ level. However, each GSL should prepare SOPs for their own Groups as each Group has different site conditions.
- Travel ban has been lifted, depending on the National list of allowed countries.
For more detailed regulations about indoor use for meetings and activities refer to the guidelines issued by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector.
Updated on 8 June 2021.